H.E.L.L.O.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Falling Slowly

Did I mention that I have no idea of who sings Falling Slowly?
I do now. It's Glen Hansard, feat Marketa Irglova. And this song is an Academy Award winner!



Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard



I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out


Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now


Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black


You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won


Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now


Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along



Know which part I like the best?


"You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now"




Somehow I get the optimist feelings from that verses.

The thing is,I think I do agree with him. When we think that the whole world is against us, the real enemy is our own self, our own thought, our own heart. For we ourselves keep on believing that world is against us and that we are not strong to face it. We are actually having a great war and tremendous battle with ourselves.

However, we have to believe that even we thought we are sinking, bear in mind that we have NOT YET sink anyway. Just row the boat fast, and quicky go home. We might have time to save ourselves. Rather than letting the boat sink slowly into the deep water without doing anything and believing that there is no hope. The choice is in our hand. The same goes with our life.

Well, that is just an interpretation from my little thought. I do not know what the writer have in mind when he first wrote the song. I just know that I like it so much.

Oh, I am falling slowly!

Cheers!
(^_^)




5 comments:

mawaR said...

sgt sedap kah lagu ini...? skrg jugak aku dolod...!

Melody M. said...

~mawar~
sedap bagi aku la.. ahahahaha..
(tp sebenarnya aku kureng berkenan ngn sore glen ngan marketa tu..ada budak mana ntah nyanyi kat youtube sedap giler, dia yg wat aku jatuh ati ngn lagu nih..kehkehkeh)

Raja Azrul said...

tak pernah dengar lah..lagu ni...best ke???

jumpa nnt yer...

Melody M. said...

~azrul~
aku pun baru ni tau kewujudan lagu ni. b4 ni tak pnah dgr langsung. sape suka lagu slow suka la kot. sape jiwa rock mungkin tak berapa suka.

jumpa nanti!!! ;)

NeL said...

ada another version of this song by The Frames, band Glen Hansard.
cuba nangga cita 'Once'. memang best.
ada few more lagu Glen Hansard yg best dari movie ya. Lies, When Your Mind's Made Up, Say It To Me Now.